December 24, 2014

Do You Believe In Santa Clause?

I believe in Santa Clause.

I believe in a man who gives a present to every child.

I believe in a man who's always jolly and smiling.

I believe in a man who works hard to put a smile on faces across the world.

I believe in a man who isn't afraid to go out, no matter how bad the weather is, cause he's got a job to do.


I believe in a man who travels the world, and appreciates it's beauty. 
A man who uses Christmas cheer to pull his slay, not fossil fuels. 
A man who's factory doesn't produce toxic waste (the elves use magic, not chemicals).

I believe in a man who doesn't make profits, and who just isn't bothered by it. 
I believe in a man who if he did, would use them to do good. 
And not just because if was a good publicity stunt.


I believe in a man who's kind to his animals. 
Who makes sure that they're well fed. 
Who makes sure that they're warm.
Who makes sure that they're safe. 
Who makes sure that they're happy. 
I know- it's a very radical concept. 


I believe in a man who's happily married. 
I believe in a couple who talk out their differences, instead of shouting. 
I believe in a couple who share the housework evenly. 
I believe in a wife who supports her husband on his most stressful day at work each year. 
I believe in a husband who says thank you the next day.
I believe in a couple who don't abuse each other.


I believe in a man who treats his workers fairly. 

I believe in a man who stands up for children's rights.

I believe in a man who knows all his charges names. 
And can spell them right. 

I believe in a man who doesn't take his bad days out on other people. 

I believe in a man who listens to what people are saying to him.
A man who's always there for you when you need him.
Who doesn't need you to tell him.
Who can be relied upon year after year.

I believe in a man who eats way to many Christmas pies.


I believe in a man who will brave the cold to see his friends.

I believe in a man who doesn't mind getting dirty going down chimneys.

I believe in a man who doesn't lie.

I believe in a man who doesn't discriminate.
A man who visits black and white.
Who visits the Far East and Latin America.
Who doesn't care if you are a millionaire or can't afford a sack of potatoes.
Who doesn't care if you get straight A's or scrape F's.
Who doesn't care if you live in a mansion or a shelter.
Who doesn't care what religion you follow.

I believe in a man who chairs a democracy.

I believe in a man who gives everyone a fair trial.

I believe in a man who doesn't force anyone to do anything, so say anything, to believe anything.

I believe in a man who fights against slavery.


I believe in a man who's never bore arms.

I believe in a man who dresses in what makes him feel good, not what society wants him to.

I believe in a man who is a much better singer than me.

I believe in a man who understands everyone.

I believe in a man who helps to bring families together.

I believe in a man who symbolises generosity.

I believe in a man who gives what he can.

I believe in a man who stands up for what he believes in.

I believe in Santa Claus.

Even when I know he isn't real, I believe. Because it's better than having no hope.
Because for one day a year, I can pretend that every things okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment